The Riviera neighborhood is the most quintessential Santa Barbara view location, known the world over as “The American Riviera.” Built along the steep hillside above downtown and named for the beautiful Mediterranean villages of France and Italy, the Riviera boasts a wide array of custom homes commanding simply the best views in Santa Barbara. Initially, many of the homes on the Riviera were built by Italian immigrants, a trait and architectural style that is reflected in the stonework details and the red roof tiling that is found throughout the area. The views from the Riviera are world famous and one never grows tired of the red tile architecture as the city rolls-out across town, to the ocean, the harbor and beyond to the Santa Barbara Channel Islands and the sunsets. Oh, the sunsets!
Photo Credit: Mike Eliason
- Amazing city, ocean, harbor, island and sunset views!
- Beautiful winding streets reminiscent of a seaside Italian hillside village
- Custom architecture throughout the neighborhood
- Close proximity to the El Encanto Hotel for dining, cocktails and views
- Hiking at Parma Park
- The Old Mission and Rose Garden
- Downtown Farmer’s Market