Solvang was founded in 1911 and has long been known as the “Danish Capitol of America.” Visitors the world over continue to flock to Solvang for its unique downtown architecture, shops and dining, all with such authenticity that the city has attracted many European visitors and even Danish royalty. Solvang has just over 5,000 residents who enjoy a variety of beautiful, family-friendly neighborhoods, many with wonderful views. The town offers a wide range of housing options and price points from starter homes to luxury estates and everything in-between.
Photo Credit: Mike Eliason
- Wonderful variety of family-friendly neighborhoods and large view homes
- It’s festive all year long and going downtown always feels like a vacation
- Explore the pastry shops in downtown Solvang!
- Experience over 20 downtown wine tasting rooms
- Sear Steakhouse
- Explore the wide variety of Danish-inspired restaurants
- Coast Range
- Peasant's Feast
- Paula's Pancake House
- Hiking and dog walking along the Santa Ynez River Trail
- Alisal Ranch for golf
- Rent e-bikes from Dr. J’s Bicycle Shop
- Ride a horse or take a trolley tour