Ballard is a tiny hamlet of about 500 residents that is the smallest and oldest community in the Santa Ynez Valley. Ballard was founded in the 1880s as a stop-over for the original Wells Fargo stagecoach line.
Historic, modest homes line the few blocks of family-friendly downtown Ballard, while expansive lots and custom homesites are featured closeby. The Ballard elementary school is highly rated and prized by parents and photographers alike, featuring an iconic, picturesque red schoolhouse from the 1880s.
The wonderful Ballard Inn and Bob’s Well Bread Bakery have served as a draw for weekenders and locals alike.
What To Love
- Authentic hamlet from the 1800s
- Quiet, family environment
- Country lifestyle
- Close to shopping and activities in Solvang
Things To Do
- Seein' Spots Farm (Talk to owners Linda and Brett!)
- Bob’s Well Bread for breakfast or lunch (Tell Bob that Yo sent you!)
- Quicksilver mini-horse ranch on Alamo Pintado
- The annual pumpkin patch and apple picking in the fall (This is a real family-friendly destination!)